Civil Litigation Series
Bus. & Prof.C. §17200 Practice
by William L. Stern
This is a practical resource for competent plaintiff and defense representation in cases under California's unfair competition and false advertising laws. It explains substantive rights and remedies, as well as applicable procedures. It also covers claims under the Consumers Legal Remedies Act.
Summary of Contents
- Comprehensive Review of Proposition 64
- Historical Origins
- Substantive Reach of California Unfair Business Practices Act (Bus. & Prof.C. §17200)
- The Law of False Advertising
- Defending Claims Brought Under California Unfair Completion and
- False Advertising Laws
- Class Actions
- What Does "Injury in Fact" Mean?
- Does Prop. 64 Require Proof of Reliance?
- Who May Be Liable?
- §17200 and Securities Cases
- Procedure Under Unfair Competition Law
- Remedies for Unfair Business Practices
- Law Enforcement Cases
- Consumers Legal Remedies Act
Related MCLE programs:
RutterOnline programs for immediate viewing
Audio/Visual programs for purchase